Tuesday 2 September 2014

This is how we do


Hello all! Sorry it's been a while (again) but I have been working my little feet off. At work we have chosen to work with a charity called Karma Nirvana, a cause that supports those suffering from forced marriages and honour-based abuse. It is an amazing organisation that helps women and men across the country gain some solace through their hotline, or even manage to escape from the pain by providing them with refuge. It started in Derby (which is relatively local for me) and founded by a woman called Jasvinder Sanghera, who was disowned by her own family when she was only 16 for refusing to marry a man she'd never met. Although forced marriage was made illegal in June this year, this is an issue that is relatively unknown and faces apprehension because of the cultural connotations. However, abuse is not acceptable in anyone's culture so why should we accept the unacceptable? Women and men have died over this so please visit the website and find out how you can help!

To fundraise for the charity there will be a swap-shop or a 'Shwap' taking place this saturday (6th of September - see poster below). Basically this involves clearing out your wardrobe and bringing along your unwanted clothes so that you can exchange them for new clothes! Great idea huh? There will also be a pop-up salon inside the venue, a cake stall and a tombola! Please come along and show your support if you are local, it is going to an amazing cause!


Anyway I managed to get a few photos taken last weekend; if you are a regular reader of my blog you will know my love of kimonos! This super-cute daisy find is from Ark (of course), and I think although it is still very summery and floral, it will take me nicely into the transition to Autumn as it has warm, coppery tones. As I am going away to Majorca next week I paired it with some acid-bleached shorts and a kitschy crop top. I can imagine this outfit working well for evening strolls on the beach. Yet, I have also worn this kimono with a cami top and leggings which makes for a smart daytime look! The kimono is still for sale at £19.99 in Ark so if you fancy it nip in and snap it up before it sells out!













Also the other week I got the adorable stick on nails from the Little Mix selection; they're fruit! How cute is that? The only problem is that they don't stick very well so I did have to reapply many times but I thought it was worth it. 

Kimono & Shorts: Ark
Crop Top: Topshop
Shoes: Redbox Derby
Rings: Accessorize & Primark
Stick On Nails: Little Mix at Savers

Ciao Bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment