Sunday 8 June 2014

Walking on a dream


Bonjour! I hope everyone has had a fab week. I've had a surprisingly ace week; I was doing some voluntary work as part of my course which I wasn't really looking forward to but I found the experience really rewarding and got to know some new people which was great. I've also been redecorating my room at home which has kept me somewhat preoccupied. I'm making my room more 'grown up' seeing as I will be 21 in a matter of months (cue me swapping cocktails for hot chocolates). When it is finished I will share some photos with you all for a bit of interior design inspo!

Now this Summer has seen many cool and unique prints being incorporated into everyday fashion. One type of print that seems to return year after year is Aztec. This trend is great because the variety of different patterns and colours that are used can be mixed up to make your outfit look bold or more understated. However, because Aztec is quite a busy print it can be a bit tricky to know what to pair it with.


An Aztec print dress can look super cute in Summer, especially if it is colourful it can give you an essence of Ibiza glamour. Because I prefer a more relaxed summer vibe I have gone for a monochrome Aztec dress, but added a pop of colour with my lipstick and baby-pink converse. As this pattern is already quite bold, it is important not to exaggerate with accessories, just keeping it very plain and simple. For the colder months, I would throw a tailored blazer over this outfit to keep it looking chic. 








However, an Aztec dress is not the only way you can rock this trend for the Summer. An Aztec print skirt is also a sophisticated way to make a fashion statement. For a polished and hot look, wear it like Blake Lively (underneath) by matching it with a simple white top and nude accessories.


Everyone knows that crop tops have been adored by the fashion world for the last year so combining the crop top and Aztec is a easy way too achieve a cool vibe, perfect for a Summer night out with a few cocktails (okay, a lot of cocktails). I love how Selena Gomez has worn this embellished crop top which is actually from Missguided (check me out being all Sherlock Homes). Again the rest of her outfit has remained simple with fresh white shorts and stylish nude heels. Kudos to Selena for providing some high street fashion inspo!

Dress: Ark
Shoes: Converse
Lipstick: Rimmel

Follow me on insta for more outfit posts katiejean48.

Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment