Sunday 1 June 2014

Days are good, that's the way it should be


Ciao bambinos! Hasn't the weather just been perfect today? It's been a blessing after the ominous downpour we've been experiencing in this part of England for the last week! These photos were actually taken in the rain so I think I deserve kudos for commitment haha.

Now I am still concentrating my blogs on how to make that challenging transition from Autumn/Winter to Spring/Summer, and it's getting a bit crucial for us to be slipping into our summer clothes since it is officially the 1st of June (which also means investing in several bottles of St Tropez and going for morning runs). But strangely enough, cast your mind back to December; you were drinking mulled wine, eating ridiculous amounts of food, and I'm guessing a good portion of you were wearing some form of tartan or plaid, right? Yeah, most of us succumbed to that trend, don't worry. However, you may feel now that your Christmas outfit may be pretty useless and should return to the back of your wardrobe. Wrong!


 Plaid and tartan are still biggies on the catwalks and in the high street, with celebrities such as Selena Gomez and Katy Perry working it themselves. Dark grades of this trend can still work but aim to match them with light colours, such as a deep-red plaid shirt with white-washed denim shorts. The cutest types of tartan and plaid for Summer are light-coloured ones like these fab leggings from Ark. 


Now although I love plaid, it is no surprise that it is a statement trend and needs to be worn carefully. This means that your tartan/plaid item will need to take centre stage of your outfit, with the other pieces being more subdued. I think that mint is a gorgeous colour for Summer, it reminds me of ice-creams at the beach. Therefore, I have chosen to throw on a soft, pastel blazer of this colour. Underneath, I have kept it nice and simple with a black cami top (which is an essential item that should be in every girls wardrobe). Then to add a edge of toughness, I've popped on these chunky, studded heels. I believe that when wearing such bold pieces, you should keep accessories to a minimum, so I am wearing a delicate gold chain. 







Leggings & Cami Top: Ark
Blazer & Heels: River Island
Gold Chain: Vintage

Please follow me on Instagram (katiejean48) and tag me in any outfits you put together as I would love to see them! 

Hearts xx

No comments:

Post a Comment