Wednesday 11 April 2012

D&G inspired scarf print..





Scarf print is EVERYWHERE at the moment, if you hadn't noticed already. Since its invasion into the Spring 2012 catwalks, especially in the D&G Spring collection, they have hit the high street like a bomb! I cannot open I magazine without being bombarded with why I should 'invest' in this latest trend. However, it IS an acquired taste. The outfit in the first picture, which came off Topshop's website, is not really a ensemble that most people would feel comfortable wearing; way too busy!! Plus, it is hard to find clothes/accessories that will go with scarf print. So it's kind of easy not to bother right?

This time last year scarf print is something I would avoid like the plague!! However, tastes change (or it may be the fact that I am a sucker for following trends) and I have indeed bought myself a scarf print top and blazer. Obviously it is a BIG no no to put the two together (although Topshop might disagree). You can see the pattern of my blazer in the picture below.


The fact is, it doesn't take a genius to put together a scarf print outfit for a night out. Easy. In the case of my blazer I would pair it with a plain dress or a white top and a pastel coloured skirt. The dilemma is how do you incorporate scarf pattern into a casual outfit when it's the furthest thing from casual? Well I have attempted to put together a casual outfit with my blazer (see pictures below). I'm not sure it works that well but I chose to wear a bright orange jumper as I thought it would bring out the colours in the blazer. Let me know what you think.




Blazer: River Island
Jumper: Topshop
Jean: New Look
Brogues: Primark

2 comments:

  1. I like the shoes :) Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were an image I found off Tumblr.
    They were tagged as Valentino but I couldn't be sure!
    Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete