Sunday 6 October 2013

Burgundy & Orange


Heey lovelys! I have had a brilliant weekend and I hope you guys have too! I have spent time catching up with uni work and chilling with my beautiful friends. My amazing friend Emily was kind enough to take some photos for me on Saturday in a local park, and she has done an excellent job!

I've been thinking a lot about seasonal outfits recently, with the move into Autumn (although the sun did make an appearance today yay!). Fashion can be a cruel mistress in that respect as with the changing season we have to suddenly update our wardrobes to keep up with the latest trends; but you can never claim that fashion is boring! 

Unfortunately, if you don't have unlimited spending money, buying a whole new set of outfits every season might be a little bit impossible. Being a poor student (and even poorer this year with having less loan) clothes shopping can be dangerous. So, I got to thinking: basics! For autumn you only need to have a few staple items to keep you looking fresh every year.

This blog looks at burgundy and orange. Burgundy is one of the warmest and versatile colours you can wear during the winter. Don't go over the top with it though! Too much burgundy is going to look silly frankly; just go for one item of your outfit, for example I have chosen a burgundy blazer to wear in this outfit. And guess what? I got this blazer last Autumn and it still looks up-to-date! 

Now orange. This is pretty much a given. Rich, orange leaves fall from the trees in the chillier months so take your cues from nature and invest in items with warm, fiery colours. You can go bold with orange but like I said with burgundy limited it to one item only! Personally, I prefer a subtle look so I opted for these dainty, orange-patterned shorts which I actually bought for summer! Sometimes if you can't afford to buy new things you just need to be resourceful with what you already have hanging in your wardrobe! Anyway check out the outfit and let me know what you think.







Blazer: Primark
Jumper: Ark
Shorts: Topshop
Boots: Next
Bag: Acessorize
Watch: River Island

No comments:

Post a Comment