Monday 7 December 2015

All of these stars will guide us home


I don't know if anybody else has noticed but I think Christmas has suddenly hit us. Almost overnight, fairy lights have gone up, trees have appeared in windows and festive tunes are dominating the radio stations (and my Spotify account). I am not sure if this Christmas cheer is contagious but I have also seemed to have developed an addiction to mulled wine! So this weekend was spent visiting the most gleeful Christmas displays in my local area. The first stop was the Bottle Kiln, originally an estate sawmill making pit-props for the Newdigate Estate coal mines. It has now been converted into a unique and relaxing contemporary space for fine dining or browsing through a labyrinth of intircate knik-knaks. 




After that we paid a visit to my old work establishment, Reuben Shaw & Sons, which has the most merry Christmas display in the whole of Nottinghamshire! It feels more like a museum than a garden centre and has a fabulous assortment of Christmas decorations. If you are looking to indulge in some yuletide spirit then it is definitely work a visit. Once we had purchased some adorable baubles, it was up into the attic (or rather send the boyfriend up there hehe) and then lavishly trim the tree. So yes, I have definitely been infected with Christmasness. 


And what better way to spend a festive weekend than all snuggled up in a cosy jumper dress? This snugly number is from non-other than Missguided, which I managed to snap up for only £17 because of their brilliant Cyber Weekend. The chic, camel blazer is also another Missguided find which I got for a similar price - amazing considering that when this outfit is put together it looks incredibly more expensive than it is. Of course I am sporting my mustard bag again because it is my fave at the moment, but I have also whacked on some vintage knee-high boots in black to keep my legs nice and cushy. So let me know what you think of this post in the comments box :)









Jumper Dress & Blazer: Missguided
Handbag: New Look
Knee High Boots: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment